Sunday 24 June 2012

My week according to Twitter - Week 25

I was back at home for most of this week. Now my summer has really started it seems that the sun no longer wants to come out to play and has been replaced by lots of rain instead. This has meant I've had a lot of time to stay indoors and master the Rubik's Cube!


Tuesday:


Wednesday:


Thursday:






Friday:

Over Thursday and Friday I spent a lot of time learning how to complete a Rubik's cube. It took a while, but eventually I solved it for the first time ever! I then went and solved the Rubik's Octagonal Barrel Puzzle my Uncle gave me when I was little. I found that a YouTube series (link above) was the most helpful, but I have taken the info from it and created a 'cheat sheet' here for anyone who doesn't have time/want to watch the 6 or 7 videos. One small tip, carefully take out a few cubelets and put some Vaseline in the centre of the cube. It makes it a lot smoother and a lot easier to use!



Saturday:

First time being in a van full of my stuff was actually quite exciting!




On Saturday evening I was watching Radio 1's online coverage of Swedish House Mafia at their Hackney Weekend when I sent a little Tweet to my 120ish followers. Next thing I know SHM has Retweeted it to their 403,899 followers, completely smashing my previous potential audience of 26,000 people when Channel 4 food Retweeted my Tweet about making Heston's Dippy Scotch Egg back in February. This then resulted in a further 7 'Retweets', 5 'Favorites' and over 10 new followers. A record for any of my Tweets!

This excitement was slightly dampened when I found out a couple of hours later that SHM have announced they are splitting after their current tour, meaning that when I saw them at Creamfields last year it was probably the last chance I had to see them live together. Sad times.

Sunday:

Valencia delivered such an exciting race for once! After initially thinking my F1 fantasy team didn't get many points, turns out I didn't do too badly with 5 out of my 6 drivers finishing in the top 10.



Tweet from the past:
Even though SHM was amazing, last year at Creamfields the end of their set clashed with David Guetta. I couldn't not go and see him considering the well know fact that I am slightly (well very much) obsessed with him and his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment