Wednesday 4 January 2012

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - one to watch at the cinema

The second thing I want to write about while it is still fresh in my mind is Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

I went to see Mi4 at 10.30am today meaning me and my brother were the only 2 people in the cinema! I think this was only my second ever 'private' viewing. 

Lets start with my '140 Character Film Review' that I posted on Twitter straight after leaving the cinema:

For me, Simon Pegg was definitely the star of the film. Even though he wasn't involved in as much action as the other characters he made it humorous throughout.

It was a fast paced film with lots of action and some great tension sequences, enhanced successfully with the choice of music. Every time I heard the well know Mission Impossible tune I started to tingle all over.

I thought the four main characters went well together and were all had something to give, helping the story line move along well. (I couldn't stop wondering where I had recently seen the actor who was playing the analyst William Brandt. Turns out Jeremy Renner was in The Hurt Locker- should have just got on IMDB while I was there!)


Once again lots of amazing gadgets were used, particularity an 'invisibility screen' that came out near the start of the film.

Overall I thought this was a great film that kept me entertained and on the edge of my seat for the full 133 minutes. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if you liked the previous Mission Impossible films, the Bourne series or the recent James Bond films. 

My star rating: ***** (explanation below)



For this and all future film reviews, my star rating will be based on my 'How much effort should I make to watch it?' scale:

*     = Don't bother
**    = One to watch when it comes on TV
***   = One to rent / borrow off a friend
****  = One to buy on DVD
***** = One to watch at the cinema

No comments:

Post a Comment