Sunday 15 January 2012

My week according to twitter- Week 2

This week I've mainly been revising for my final year chemistry exams which I have got coming up over the next couple of weeks. I've decided I'm going to write my review of 2011 in the week off I have between exams finishing and uni starting again. Along with watching some DVDs I've had for a while and making a runny yolk scotch egg.

The Tweets:






On Monday I watched Coppers on Channel 4 hoping it would be as good as the first series. It definitely was. Coppers is a documentary which follows a different department of the police around each week. If you haven't seen it I recommended catching it on 4OD as it's very enlightening and takes you on a roller coaster of emotions each episode.

I also watched The Hotel on 4OD. This is a documentary which films the goings on in a hotel using 'big brother' style camera work, inter cut with interviews with the staff and guests. As the hotel staff are a bit incapable to makes for entertaining viewing.







On Tuesday there was an incident with a wasp. I don't want to talk about it.



On Tuesday evening I settled down to watch Burglar in the House on BBC1. Instead an episode of Motorway Cops came on. Don't know why, I'm still waiting for an explanation. But as it was a new episode and I do like Motorway Cops I forgave the BBC.

I think there is a theme with my TV viewing this week...



On Thursday I took a break from revision to have a go at the Guardian memory experiment. It was quite fun. Why not give it a go yourself.



All week Richard Osman (off of Pointless) has been running with World Cup of Chocolate where chocolates have fought out to named winners. On Friday the competition came to an end with Twirl coming first. I think the 3rd place play off should have been the real final: Crucnhie vs Double Decker. Two of the best chocolate bars ever. My actual favourite is minstrels but unfortunately they went out in an early round.



Cadbury had been getting involved throughout the competition and as one of their chocolate bars had won they decided to give away a couple of prizes by getting people to Tweet their World Cup of Chocolate Highlight. I didn't win, but I did get retweeted by Cadbury, resulting in my biggest audience for a Tweet so far (and probably ever!) of potentially 8143 people.




So that's my week according to Twitter.

Just a quick update about something I mentioned in last week's post about The Bank Job on Channel 4. I decided to watch the final on 4OD after seeing something on Twitter. The last 5 minutes of the 7 episode series turned out to be the most exciting 5 minutes. The final round of the final involved the 'Prisoners Dilemma'. The final 2 contestants had to choose if they would give their opponent the 'CASH' (about £200,000) or the 'TRASH' (a bundle of newspapers). If they went both gave away 'CASH' they both won, if one gave 'CASH' and the other gave 'TRASH' one of the them won about £400,000 and the other got nothing. If they both gave away 'TRASH' the 3 people who hadn't got to the final round would split the money between them and both finalists won nothing. The final 2 contestants didn't get a penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment