Sunday 1 April 2012

My week according to Twitter - Week 13

This week was full of sporting events, from Varsity to a day at the races.

Monday:



Unsurprisingly it didn't.

Tuesday:








On Tuesday it was the first ever Judo Varsity that was worth a point towards the overall Varsity score. I was part of the team, fighting in the -66kg category. I won my fight, we beat Hallam 4-3 and we took the point. Good evening all round.

Wednesday:








On Wednesday it was the Varsity Final. The final event was the Men's 1st Team Football match at Hillsborough football ground. It was 31-31 in Varsity before the game so it all came down to the result of the football match. Whoever won would take the trophy. Unfortunately Hallam won 1-0 so won the Varsity trophy for the 9th year in a row. Hopefully Uni can stop them winning it again next year.

Saturday:



On Saturday I went to Doncaster Racecourse for a day of horse racing. This was my first time at the races when I haven't been working on a food point or on bar. Typically, it was the only day of the week that it wasn't hot and sunny, but this didn't stop us having a good day out. Unfortunately no one I went with won big and not one of my bets came off but it was still a fun day. I'll definitely have to go again soon.

Tweet from the past:

Turns out it wasn't actually the end of the world and the BBC website came back online within a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment