Sunday 4 March 2012

My week according to Twitter - Week 9

Highlights this week include a trip to Bristol, a night out in Sheffield and a very close pub quiz.



Tuesday:


Richard Osman's World Cup of Crisps took place this week on Twitter. People could vote for their favourite in each round, eventually coming up with the winner. I didn't really get into the World Cup of Crisps as much as I did for the World Cup of Chocolate. Probably because I eat a lot more chocolate than crisps, so when the winner was declared as Frazzles my only response was 'Oh'. I'm not sure I have even ever tried them. Who even knew they were made by Walkers!?

Wednesday:


I watched about 20 minutes of Film 2012 and for the 3 films I saw being reviewed Winkleman just said 'it's rubbish'. No reason, she just didn't like it. Bring back Jonathon Ross, someone who actually knows stuff about films! One film that she made me want to watch even more through her dislike of it was Project X. It's basically a film of US teenagers having a party. What can't be good about that!?
Update- Today Scott Mills and Beccy had a very similar opinion on Radio 1!

Scott and Beccy 6th March 2012 (mp3)


Thursday:

Despicable Me was so good, Despicable Me 2 looks just as good going on this trailer. Can't believe they are teasing me already when it's not out until 2013!

Friday:





On Friday I got the train down to Bristol to go on a night out for a few of my mate's birthdays. It was my first time in Bristol and I really liked it. Both the parts of the city I saw between the train station and my mate's flat and the night out. It was only a 24 hour visit so I definitely want to go back and spend longer there.

Saturday:

On Saturday I was back in Sheffield for another friend's birthday. It was another good night and another first- my first time going to DQ. That tweet was sent at 3am, not quite sure what it was about...

Sunday:

On Sunday night a few of us went to the pub quiz at the recently refurbished Notty House. The prize was 8 pints and it was just a standard pub quiz, a picture round, recent news round and general knowledge round. There weren't many teams and we managed to get the joint top score. Unfortunately we could just split the prize with the other team and have 4 pints each, so it came down to Rock, Paper, Scissors. It was best of 3 and I ended up at the bar with the instructions to "Go Rock first" from my mate. So I did. But so did my opponent. After a couple more draws I was 1-0 down, but then I pulled it back to 1-1. Then suddenly it was all over when I went paper, my opponent went scissors and I walked away from the bar empty handed.

Tweet from the past:
In contrast to our recent pub quiz experience, here is a tweet from December 2009 when me and my housemates won a £35 bar tab. We are yet to replicate our success.

No comments:

Post a Comment