Sunday 26 February 2012

My week according to Twitter - Week 8

It has been quite a quiet week this week, mainly involving lab work, pancakes and films. However, there was also the exciting announcement that the World Cup of Crisps will be kicking off next week!


Monday:




I spent most of the day in the lab doing melting point measurements on the compound I've made. It took a while.



On Monday afternoon I got my results from the recent exams and I'd done a lot better than I was expecting. Only 2 exams and a project report & poster left before I finish uni!

Tuesday:






On Pankcake Day and usually I'd make my own pancake batter, but this year I bought a 'just add water' pancake mix as I thought it would be quicker. I won't be making the same mistake again next year. It might have been quicker to make the batter, but the pancakes took forever to cook, and when I tried to flip them they just shriveled up and stuck to themselves. It wasn't a complete disaster though as I ended up with Scotch Pancakes (sort of...) with ice cream and syrup. Next year I'll stick to making my own batter though.

Wednesday:


@Mattjamesrafc started a long discussion on Twitter about what people call the thing that changes the tv channels while in your family home. I don't think Matt realised what he was starting when he sent this tweet. After the initial 'I just call it the remote', everyone soon remembered that it was only 'a remote' in public and they did actually have a weird name for it.
Names included: a plonker, the gun, the changer, the machine, the flicker, the black box, the buttons...
Does your family have a different weird name for it? Tweet me or leave a comment below if you do!

Friday:






On Friday evening I went to see Drive, which was being shown by Sheffield University's Film Unit . I'm not sure how I managed to miss this when it came out last September, or even when it came out on DVD a few weeks ago as it's so good.

Sunday:


I text in to Sara Cox's Radio 1 show last Sunday and she read my text out! I've recorded a clip of it so you don't have to listen to the whole thing. And yes, when me, my brother and my next door neighbour used to play out as kids, we did actually do that.



After the excitement of Richard Osman's World Cup of Chocolate (see Week 2 for more details), he has announced that there will be a World Cup of Crisps starting next week. If you missed out last time, get involved by following Richard and tweeting in your votes from Tuesday. I'm going to be backing Doritos Cool original and Pringles Sour Cream and Onion.

Tweets from the Past:
This week's Tweets come from a couple of years ago when I gave some updates on all the issues we had had with our student house. It was only February when I sent them and there were many more over the remaining months of the year. Not sure how we actually put up with everything...







No comments:

Post a Comment