Sunday 19 February 2012

My week according to Twitter - Week 7



A couple of years ago I auditioned for Eggheads along with a team of some friends from uni. We were regularly going to pub quizzes and avidly watching Eggheads so we decided to send off an application form. We then had a trip up to Leeds for an audition. A couple of weeks after the audition we found out we had made the shortlist and were given a list of dates for the recordings. Unfortunately they were during our exams so there weren't many dates we could do and we weren't asked to go to a recording.

In September last year we decided to submit another application to have another go. I'd forgotten all about it until Wednesday when I had a phone call from the Eggheads production team inviting us to go for an interview. I tried getting the team back because of the short notice we haven't been able to get enough of us together to go. Ah well, maybe another time...



Quidco are doing an offer at the moment where you get £15 if you sign up to the 30 day free trial on Netflix and stream 5 hours of films or TV. I signed up to it a couple of weeks ago and on Thursday the £15 was in my bank account. I was very impressed in Quidco and Netflix so couldn't keep this to myself. Go get some free money people! (But wait until you have finished reading this post of course.)



On Thursday I found an Android app from the same company that makes Kik. It allows you to use your phone as a remote control for playing YouTube videos on your laptop. I've never seen anything like it before so it's worth checking out. Not sure how useful it will be right now, but it definitely has the potential to be something big.



It was the final ever episode of Hustle on Friday. I've loved it since it first started so was glad to see my favourite character, who left a few series ago, return for the finale. Sorry for the spoiler if you are yet to watch it!




After Hustle finished I watched one of my favourite ever films, Severance. It's a British Comedy-Horror from 2006, which has got the mix just right. It was on BBC1 so the writer decided to do a tweet commentary along with it and answer any questions people had. I asked him about one of the tweets he had sent, and I got reply! I still don't really understand what he meant, but I guess that's why I'm not in the film industry and he is.

I've got two 'Tweets from the Past' this week, both from this time last year.

My first shows how similar life can be from one year to the next:



However, my second shows it can also be very different:





No comments:

Post a Comment