Monday 6 February 2012

My week according to twitter - Week 5, Part 2

As I've been so busy this week I've split the post into two parts. This is Part 2, Friday - Sunday:



It was my brother's birthday on Friday and after a nice meal at Pizza Hut with a couple of friends from home, we went to Big Night Out at the student union. It was the last day of exams so they had the usual '5 venues' event. This usually involves losing people you came with and wandering around most of the night trying to find them, but this time there was thankfully none of that. After spending a short time in Foundry dancing to two of the ex members of 5ive, we headed up to the Octagon where we spent the rest of the night. Scott Mills off of Radio 1 was the guest DJ and he made it a really good night. We stayed until the lights came on then headed up to Broomhill for a takeaway. How every good night should end.







On Saturday I went back to Macclesfield for a night out with the Maccaluf crew. We had booked a a few Travelodge rooms and had train tickets sorted, but when it started to snow on Saturday afternoon I had images of people not being able to get there. This was mainly due to one night last year when I had been in Sheffield to see Lee Mack Live and had planned to get the train straight to work in Macclesfield the next morning. However, it snowed several inches over night meaning that all trains between Sheffield and Manchester were canceled. I ended up going via Leeds and getting to work after 10am even though I left for the station at 6am. Luckily we worked flexi time so it didn't matter too much, but I was dreading a repeat of this.

Thankfully the snow wasn't as bad as I had anticipated and the trains ran smoothly meaning we all made it back to Macc. The night out wasn't quite what we were expecting due to our first choice club, The Venue, being closed and Toast, our back up 'club', having different DJs to a normal Saturday. It was still a really good night though and was great to catch up with everyone. It might be a while before we are back in Macclesfield but I'm sure it will draw us back at some point and we'll never be able to escape it.





On Sunday night I stayed up to watch the SuperBowl. This was the 5th year I've done this and as it is the only American Football game I watch each year, it takes me a while to remember what the rules are and work out what is going on. Luckily there is plenty of time for that as from kick off to the final whistle it is about 4 hours. Also, as my housemate Ben is a big American Football fan he was able to explain a lot of it as it happened. I chose who to support by flipping a coin. You need to chose one of the teams to make it a bit more interesting and this year I ended up with the winning team. The half time show of 'Madonna and Guests' was better than I was expecting and it still amazes me how quickly they convert the pitch into the stage and then take it down again. That must be quite a spectacle to watch itself!


And finally my 'Tweet from the Past' comes from exactly 3 years ago today. It's strange how consistent our weather actually is:

No comments:

Post a Comment