Monday 6 February 2012

My week according to twitter - Week 5, Part 1

I have had a week of freedom after finishing my exams as term doesn't start again until tomorrow. It's been so busy I've split the week into Part 1 and Part 2. So here is Part 1, Monday - Thursday:



On Monday I spent the morning making Heston Blumenthal's Dippy Scotch Egg off of How to cook like Heston. It was incredible. I have written a separate blog post on this, along with photos and some tips. Check it out here.





On Tuesday I went to the gym for the first time this year. S10 gym had a complete refurbishment over Christmas where they replaced ALL the machines. And I'm not sure if I'm a fan. The first thing that put me in a bit of a bad mood was that there were no lockers available in the changing room and I had to wait for one in the entrance area. When I finally got into the gym I went to warm up on the cross-trainer. It was a lot better than the old machines and I was even able to listen to Radio 1 or watch a bit of Countdown. I got a bit confused when I found the 'Games' option. I don't know how anyone can play Solitaire while on it, especially as when I stopped moving to have a quick go a 'pause screen' came on. If anyone manages to complete a game, or even start one, let me know!



I've been watching lots of documentaries on Channel 4 recently. They seem to have found the perfect formula to entertain me. On Wednesday it was Bouncers, but I've also been watching Coppers, Party Paramedics and The Hotel.





On Thursday it was announced the AstraZeneca are restructuring and cutting more jobs, including about 300 in the UK. While I was working at AZ as part of my industrial placement last year there was also a restructure and job loses, which affected quite a few people I worked with. From what I have heard so far, no one I know has been directly involved in these most recent cuts, but no doubt they will have been affected in some way.





I had a long over due catch up with Vicky over lunch on Thursday at Las Iguanas. They've got a decent priced lunch time menu with quite a few options, but I resisted taking advantage of my cocktail society card and stuck to soft drinks. Vicky told me all about her recent trip to Canada and America. She ate Moose, saw an Elk and celebrated New Year with hunters. I got a little bit jealous.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday are in Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment