Friday 3 February 2012

Review of 2011

I've finally got round to looking back at 2011 and thinking about some of the many highlights. There are far to many to mention, but I'll give it a go.




Most of the year was dominated by AZ and the Maccaluf crew. And I'm so glad it was. My 3rd year of my degree was the best year so far because of these.



I did so much stuff it would be impossible to list everything, but some of the most memorable times from 2011 with the Maccaluf crew were:
  • London and Essex for Hannah's birthday
  • Hell Runner with George and Jack
  • Murder Mystery night
  • Red Nose Day fundraiser
  • Summer Ball
  • Usher at the M.E.N.
  • Paintballing for Jack's birthday
  • Aqua Zorbing and  Indoor Sky Diving with George
  • Avenue Q
  • South of France with Jeremy, George and Shailen
  • Maccaluf Awards
  • Liverpool trip
  • Whitewater rafting with Jack and Robbie
  • Faliraki
  • Edinburgh for Gemma's birthday
  • Rihanna at the M.E.N.
  • And lots and lots of nights out in Macclesfield and Manchester
Another big part of 2011 was my uni mates. Gonefrog, course mates and judo mates. Even when I was living in Macclesfield I had lots of visits back to Sheffield.



Some of my best memories of 2011 with friends from uni are:
  • Derren Brown
  • Celebrating many of my friends finishing university
  • Swimming in the lake
  • Harry Potter themed visit to the cinema
  • Frankfurt to see Tom 
  • Entering a Judo competition for the first time in 4 years and getting 10 points and a silver medal
  • Spiderwalk for RAG
  • AfterDark firework display at Don Valley
  • Tuesday Club with Tom
  • Christmas meals at the Crosspool Tavern and The Wick at Both Ends
  • And lots of nights out in Sheffield

 Of course 2011 wouldn't have been complete without my family and friends from home.

Some of the best moments of 2011 happened with them, including:
  • Neal's stag party and wedding
  • Rhod Gilbert
  • Creamfields with Luke, Mel and Emma
  • Peter Kay 
  • Comedy Store and New Years Eve in London

Now for some Top 3s of 2011.

TV Programmes:
  • Educating Essex
  • Fresh Meat
  • Misfits
Films:
  • The Inbetweeners Movie
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Books:
  • Sirens
  • The Prestige
  • Dara O Briain - Tickling the English
Music:
  • David Guetta - Nothing But The Beat (Album)
  • Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Album)
  • Swedish House Mafia - Save the World (Single)
And finally, one the biggest moments for me in 2011 happened towards the end of December when I got a job offer for after I graduate.

Hopefully 2012 will be as good, if not better, than 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment